Transport a Caravan and motorhomes all around the world? What about importing your caravan or motorhome from overseas?
What you’ll need to do before you import your Caravan or Motorhome into Australia
There are a few things you’ll need to take care of before you begin the process to transport your caravan or motorhome into Australia.
First, you’ll need to make sure that the caravan meets Australian safety standards. Tourists and visitors can bring their caravan or motorhome into the country for a temporary stay. But, if you’re looking to import the vehicle permanently, it will need to meet all Australian Importing Rules.
Once you’ve confirmed that your caravan or motorhome meets Australian safety standards, you’ll need to apply for an import permit from the Department of Infrastructure, Transport, and Regional Development.
MAKE SURE THAT …you’ll have your Australian IMPORT permit approved before you ship your caravan or motorhome to Australia – so make sure to take care of this step well in advance!
Once you ready then you will have to prepare few things before shipping
- Remove all personal effects from the vehicle. This includes anything not permanently attached, such as clothes, books, and toys.
- Give the caravan or motorhome a good cleaning to remove any dirt and debris in order to avoid problems during the import process.
- Have the vehicle serviced and inspected by a qualified mechanic. This will help to ensure that it is in good working order and compliant with Australian safety standards.
- Get comprehensive insurance for your caravan or motorhome. This will protect you in case of any unforeseen problems during the import process.
- Shipping Your Vehicle to Australia
If you choose to transport by sea, we are here to help!
Trans Global Logistics UK Limited Export team, knowledgeable and dedicated to high standards, will check prior shipping and will be able to support you throughout.
Contact Trans Global Logistics UK Limited and check our services via our website: www.tglok.co.uk