International freight shipping sounds simple enough, but this specialized service requires expert carriers to ensure your property arrives safely. International freight companies are in charge of managing logistics options that handle a large flow of goods between countries. Those same companies transport your vehicle or other goods. As a Non-Vessel Operating Common Carrier (NVOCC) and freight forwarder with more than 30 years of experience, we’ve built an excellent relationship with the top freight shipping providers to give you a cost-effective, reliable way to export/import your goods.
TYPES OF INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING
International shipping is much different than moving within your country. International freight shipping requires longer distances and a variety of geographical obstacles. Even a short international move can seem overwhelming when considering the amount of paperwork required. Luckily, we’re here to help you every step of the way. First, let’s take a look at the most common types of shipment methods.
- Air — Air shipping is self-explanatory. Your vehicle or goods are loaded onto a plane which then travels to your destination. Air freight is by far the quickest shipping method, however it’s also the most expensive.
- Sea — Ocean freight is more cost-effective. Ocean freight offers several different options such as single container or consolidated. Your items are loaded into a single container or consolidated with other items then loaded onto a large cargo vessel.
- Ground — Ground shipment is very common when shipping internationally. This is how your vehicle or cargo arrives at the port for departure.
WHEN INTERNATIONAL FREIGHT COMPANIES ARE RIGHT FOR YOU
When choosing an international shipping method take into account your budget, timeline, and needs. We help our customers ship everything from heavy machinery to classic hot rods.
Here are a few tips to consider when moving goods abroad.
- Is It Better To Transport Or Repurchase? When moving abroad, it might be more efficient to go ahead buy daily, small items. This is usually more cost-effective to limit the amount of goods you’re shipping. Sentimental items or larger goods such as furniture are often included in the shipment.
- Is It Better To Trust It To Experts? Always use experts if possible. Different countries have different import/export laws. Experts can help you navigate the laws and paperwork, saving you both time and money.
- Does It Preserve The Value? If you’re shipping a valuable car or boat, then yes containers definitely preserve value. Not only are cutting down on mileage, but secure transport containers ensure that your valuable goods stay in pristine condition.
CHOOSING YOUR INTERNATIONAL FREIGHT SHIPPING PARTNER
There are several international freight shipping companies to choose from, but make sure you use an experienced, licensed company. That’s where Trans Global UK LTD comes into the picture. We have over 30 years of experience. As a licensed, bonded, and insured NVOCC, our team tailors each shipment plan to fit your needs and always provides a smooth transition when shipping abroad.